Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Personal Story

It was finals week. I was sprinting towards the lecture hall to take my first ever final exam in college. I was about 10 minutes late. I finally entered the room but there was a different professor in the room. I didn’t get too concerned though because I thought “this is how they do it in QC.” I took the scantron and the test paper and went to the back of the room. Before starting, I looked around the room, looking for familiar faces, but I could find none. I brushed that off too because I thought “this is how they do it in QC.” After all, it WAS the anthropology test…

When I started the test, I thought it was a bit weird. The questions weren’t related to what we did in class. At first I thought it was just a hard test. But eventually I got the feeling that I was perhaps in the wrong room. I kept looking around the room for someone, anyone I knew. I thought I saw a few. But still I went down to check with the professor to ask what class this was. She said it was Anthro 101, which WAS the correct class. I went back to the back of the room, but five minutes later, I eventually realized that I was in the wrong room. I apologized to the professor and left.

So why did I think that I had an anthropology test on Tuesday at 1:15 pm in room 250? Because that’s what someone had told me. I had to ask someone else because I always missed the first half or so of that class… But why did that person give me erroneous information? Was it malicious intent? No, because I saw that person also looking for the test on that day. She was as clueless as me.

It was ironic because after all that source checking for online material, I wasnt able to judge the credibility of a REAL-LIFE source…

No comments:

Post a Comment